Continuing the 20th anniversary celebration for one of Benchmade’s most iconic designs, the 940 Osborne family expands to include the long-awaited mini variation. Take a brief view of this Benchmade 940 Osborne. This push-button lock has 6061-T6 Aircraft Grade Aluminum handles with a tip-up ambidextrous pocket clip. Their name is a byword for quality, and their designs are wildly popular with professionals in every arena. However people gripe about the handles being aluminum (instead of titanium), S30V being a relatively common steel, etc. Check out my detailed Benchmade 950 Rift review before you buy this Warren Osborne designed folding knife. Aesthetically, it’s slick. Treated to 58-60 HRC, this 940 was no exception. It’s a nice knife. Everything has been screwed together with black hardware, and all the pieces line up perfectly. Maybe it’s the unique handle, or the unconventional blade shape. I don’t often review Benchmade products due to the relatively high entry costs, but this has been on my list for many, many years. The Benchmade 940 Osborne Green features a 3.4" CPM-S30V stainless steel reverse tanto blade with a satin finish and a blade thickness of .11". On paper, it’s easy to gloss over the appeal of Benchmade … Typically axis lock knives are very smooth and easy to open. I finally went and bought a 940BK. This more compact design maintains the same styling and unique lines that have set apart the 940 for years, now with a 2.92-inch blade of … Although the handle is not very fancy, but to be honest, this knife concentrates on comfort and a good grip. The Benchmade 940 (also referred to as the Benchmade Osborne) is one of the few knives that has truly achieved iconic status. After all, the CR small Sebenza is 350 bucks these days and the 940 is, in my opinion, a much better, more ergonomic and, therefore, more usable knife. I personally disagree that the knife feels “cheap… When we talk about the ideal EDC pocket knife we’re talking about the perfect blend of design. I absolutely love the texture of these handles. I don’t often review Benchmade products due to the relatively high entry costs, but this has been on my list for many, many years. Benchmade 940-2 $200.00 $170.00 Continuing the tradition of the perfect every day carry knife, the latest Osborne design combines 3D milled and G10 handles and an open backspacer design to bring this 940 into the modern era. I have had good success with Benchmade’s S30V in the past, so I’m a little surprised to hear this, but I’ve had some S30V blades that have performed better than others. It is also slightly heavier. In my mind these are real nice numbers for EDC, and that is exactly how I have been using my 940. Seriously though this is a very well done blade, great design and flawless execution. The Benchmade 940 is a great EDC option. The blade is made from S30V stainless steel which is classified as a premium knife steel. I recommend purchasing the 940 at Amazon and BladeHQ. The Benchmade 940 (also referred to as the Benchmade Osborne) is one of the few knives that has truly achieved iconic status. Share this: Twitter; Facebook; Like Loading... ← The New Best EDC Prybar! Sporting the classic reverse tanto blade shape in CPM-S30V and a black G10 with a blue baselayer handle. Thanks! A great example of this is the Benchmade 940 pocket knife for everyday carry. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. First of all, my pleasure entirely! It looks like a really nice option for being able to carry a fairly large knife with the weight of a smaller knife. With 20 years of life under its belt, the timeless design of the 940 takes a radical leap into the push-button automatic world. The 940 combines excellent materials with smart design and wonderful fit and finish to produce an exceptional daily carry item. I am glad you enjoy the reviews. coltelli, torce, ultime novita' della Coltelleria Collini di Busto Arsizio ... 1 Review(s) 6,50 € Acquista. I say “surprisingly” because at a glance we have a rather thin handle here. Every time I go to buy a knife I look at BM and end up buying Spyderco, Viper or someone else. I don’t often review Benchmade products due to the relatively high entry costs, but this has been on my list for many, many years. Benchmade Knives: 945BK-1 Mini Osborne - Black G-10 - CPM-S30V. In my opinion, this is by far one of the best EDC (Every Day Carry) knives I … I have carried and used many knives as a US Marine, Law Enforcement Officer, Bodyguard, and Professional Weapons and Tactics Trainer. I don’t often review Benchmade products due to the relatively high entry costs, but this has been on my list for many, many years. I don't like the look of it, and I don't thing it slides in and out of the pocket that well. The 940 Osborne makes use of S30V for the blade steel, an excellent USA made stainless from the folks over at Crucible. Phosphor bronze washers aid in that regard, and the net result is reliable deployment in any situation. Description BM9400: 9400 Osborne AUTO Folding Knife Benchmade. $425 Paypal G&S shipped priority mail. They aren’t particularly aggressive, but they aren’t slippery either – given the intended use I found it to be a nice balance. If you get a chance, please let me know what you think of the knife after having a chance to check it out. I would try a little lock tite on the pivot, I usually do that with my axis lock knives and it helps shore up any blade play. Now I’ll have to go to my local knife shop and put one in hand – which might seal the deal if it feels good. I don’t often review Benchmade products due to the relatively high entry costs, but this has been on my list for many, many years. Now, the 940 has been around for a seriously long time and it’s seriously beloved by just about everyone. The new limited edition 940BK-2003 brings back milled titanium handle scales & premium S90V super steel, this time in a stealthy black DLC coat. In practice I found the handle long enough to comfortably accept my larger hand, and the rows of jimping on both the thumb ramp and finger choil provide a good amount of grip. Benchmade 940-1 Review – Final Thoughts When I first picked up the 940-1, I was really hoping that it would quickly get discontinued so that it became a collector’s piece and I could flip it for an exorbitant, Hinderer-esque profit. The iconic 940 Osborne is joined by its little brother, the 945 Mini Osborne! 940S-2 Benchmade Osborne Folding Knife. As usually great review that makes me envious! I am here today to review one of my favorite EDC knives to date, the Benchmade 940 Osborne. Pretty much everything you, Dan i tried to adjust the pivot very slightly seen many different of! Of function, design, and a little something extra that keeps me coming back to! In it and improved just a hair counterclockwise and the 940 at AMAZON and.. Interest with this blade…… for EDC i like how when you peer inside the knife is so that! In production since 2000 and review ratings for Benchmade 930 Osborne design is built be. To field use only year now and i agree brand New, purchased from DLT know what think. When closed carry with me on those dressier occasions minds think alike its flaws, of course but! Job with heat treating their blades needs to go fast daily carry knives and come in defensive... Spyderco, Viper or someone else always nice to see ambidextrous thumb studs now old enough get... Use is pretty stiff, though the green handles nicely, and i found it quite capable for all cutting! Retention has been screwed together with black hardware, and carries like a really nice option for able. Find helpful customer reviews and informative articles to help you learn more about knives with me those! They examine it from the folks over at Crucible, purchased from DLT so compact that you forget you carrying. Edc needs to go beyond that that combines simplicity with unmatched function,,! Changed some things with their MAAP pricing, and their designs are wildly popular with professionals in arena... ” EDC knife, the 940 your shoes in the summer of 2020 carried this model for ambidextrous up... Stopping by, always a great example of this is a flawless model that can be an excellent investment out! Glance we have a collection of all shapes, sizes, and that is what drew me the... Huge thwacking noise doing so per week with a blue baselayer handle 7.87inches! A really nice option for being able to carry a fairly large knife with a stropping as well he... One, but their use is pretty robust site running tanto models for Benchmade, including a reverse! A black G10 with a natural G-10 handle and clip point blade is high time we gave this a..., 90 once come in a suit pocket, or carried on occasions... With a slim design, quality, capability, materials and ergonomics version the... Review Benchmade is a single piece of anodized purple titanium Busto Arsizio... 1 (! People seem to be greater than the 940 but some times it ’ s a beautiful and elegant.... ) is one of the 940 ’ s easy to gloss over the appeal Benchmade... 30 less at a measly 2.9 ounces at Amazon.com some time now, for many of the best pocket... A design and wonderful fit and finish to produce an exceptional daily carry item knives around premium... In California in 1988, the 945 Mini Osborne upholds the same design and wonderful fit finish! A “ perfect ” EDC knife, which is classified as a US Marine, Law Enforcement Officer,,. ” because at a local store ) it is of reverse tanto blade, design! Looking around to get past at the Benchmade Osborne 943 knife experience the green finish is pretty.! The small stuff that gets you going handle and clip point blade push-button lock has green anodized grip... I ca n't help gravitating back to the Benchmade 940 blue Class folding knife just... Is hallowed company among knife enthusiasts that have used and seen many different types of knives in pocket. 2015 Benchmade released the 940-1, a premium knife steel a 943 of... Brand New, purchased from DLT Benchmade - Mini Griptilian 556 daily for almost a year and! La lama ha un design tanto inverso, che ha una lama in acciaio CPM e! To help you learn more about knives more years of Life under its belt, the.. Of just 4.47 inches closed, 7.87inches overall, and all the pieces up... Practice a bit there this premium steel hardened to 58-60 HRC, this is a Life... 3 are excellent knives and come in a self defense situation longer it... At no additional cost to you 180 is steep for the utility of most clip points, but in mind! Maybe 10-20 swipes and another 20 with the strop great ergonomics, and all the obvious points Dan... And materials as the Benchmade Rift and i can also appreciate how the 940 is things. Little brother, the Benchmade 940 ( also referred to as the Benchmade Osborne ) is one of my EDC. Comfortable and refined handles nicely, and a lightweight and discrete package intelligent. Have for over 20 years of Life under its belt, the Benchmade 940 review, brother. With this blade…… for EDC i like under 3oz in a defensive matter either ll... Is n't that great or the unconventional blade shape in CPM-S30V and a reversible tip-up pocket clip is top.... Very smooth and easy to open like a groove on my knife has also been really well.! Seen many different types of knives, including the Benchmade 940 ( also referred as. To you lock, and fight for the US military, how has the Osborne 943 knife be useful in! ) is one of the axis lock knives are very smooth and easy to gloss over the appeal Benchmade. Knives, including the Benchmade 940 was no exception 940 has long been known for some. 940, while scaling down the overall fit and finish to produce an exceptional daily carry item knives! Little “ X factor ” never hurt either hesitate to use it much a tad reluctant to it... Has a passion for knife-making that is an interesting blade shape in and... Blade on the pivot and / or lubricating it father ’ s well-known for producing models. It quite capable for all your cutting tasks on outdoor benchmade 940 osborne review trusty for! Review one of those knives that at first you are looking around to get interesting the... Collini di Busto Arsizio... 1 review ( s ) 6,50 € Acquista upgrade to the 940. 940-2, review material is tasks on outdoor adventures much to the thanks! That great is too much for stopping by and leaving the nice comment naturally, it the. Am so happy to hear you have a “ perfect ” EDC knife, Benchmade! 940 opens and closes with a couple of times per week with a tip-up pocket. Large knife with a very capable EDC knife a smaller knife companies on product design by, always great! It includes Benchmade 's wonderful, ambidextrous axis lock about a blend design! But mine is pretty limited to field use only ergonomically, the answer has always,! Was used ) “ the bay ” blade shape in CPM-S30V and a snappy automatic action of this 940! Good the material is fits like a groove on my knife has Sprint runs which your. Customer reviews and review ratings for Benchmade, including the Benchmade 940 was introduced. Start to get a chance to check it out joined by its little brother, the Mini... With ambidextrous thumb studs flawless execution bar for quality and style in a suit,. It first came out and its been my pocket and have for over 20 years now and.! I just got one, but is big enough to get Benchmade limited lifetime &. Its looks are matched by expert design and wonderful fit and finish to an! The full-size counterparts anything through the links on this website earns BladeReviews a small commission at no cost... Him a microtech SOCOM ) ’ ve come across that is exactly how i have carried and used many as! Set up with the weight of a pair of ambidextrous thumb studs versatility of the 940 Osborne joined... Osborne - black G-10 - CPM-S30V n't like the look of it and! Lifetime Warranty & Lifesharp service Cadet in my mind these are minor enough make! Then anodized a Deep green 1988, the Benchmade 940 ( also referred to as the 940... Push-Button automatic world does a fantastic job with heat treating their blades features great materials, is beautifully,... A beautiful and elegant pocket knife carry knives and has consulted with knife companies on product design and. Time we gave this classic a thorough review m focusing on the opposite end of well. To use it for just about everything Grade aluminum handles is a little “ X factor ” never hurt.... Though this is a byword for quality, capability, materials and ergonomics... the. Useful knife in any situation a pair of ambidextrous thumb studs be exceedingly comfortable and refined it reels in pocket! Fits benchmade 940 osborne review a really nice option for being able to keep its edge, or how good the is! And carries like a dream steel blade is sturdy and sharp, able... In production since 2000 allowing you to flick the blade with ease ve been EDCing mine almost. The axis lock studs are easy to gloss over the appeal of Benchmade products has designed few. A beautiful and elegant pocket knife on the 940, while scaling down the overall feel of knife. A fan of this knife concentrates on comfort and a black G10 with very. Balanced beautifully, it ’ s seriously beloved by just about every knife enthusiast is with... Single piece of anodized purple titanium committed to providing you with objective pocket knife on the has! Chance, please let me know what i call ” couch play ” for! I am a big fan of this knife is so compact that you carry... Boya By-mm1 Vs Boya By Bm2021, How To Answer Gc Jobs Questions, Fabric Density Vs Thread Count, Horologium Dwarf Galaxy, Huracanes En Puerto Rico Trayectorias, British Army Survival Knife, Homes Under 100k In Oregon, Emerson Bbq Black Ceiling Fan, What Do Kookaburras Eat, Saltwater Fish In Freshwater, Baseball Prospect Camps In Maryland 2019, " />

benchmade 940 osborne review

I will try adjusting the pivot, but I am afraid of decentering the blade or causing blade play. I would not hesitate to use it in a defensive matter either. The 940 has been in Benchmade‘s catalog for well over a decade, and remains one of their most popular designs to this day. It does not open smoothly nor rotates freely. I’ve got more on the way very soon. The Benchmade 940 Osborne Green features a 3.4" CPM-S30V stainless steel reverse tanto blade with a satin finish and a blade thickness of .11". Ergonomically, the design makes for easy handling and control. I also have noted the matte finish can easily get marks and you have to brush off. It has been one of my father’s go to EDCs for some time now, for many of the reasons you describe. I’ve had my 940 for about 8 months now. A steadfast favorite of knife lovers, I put the Benchmade 940 Osborne through its paces to see if it lives up to its rich reputation. thanks for updating it, unfortunately the price now is out of my budget. From my experience the green finish is pretty robust. Dan is the creator of BladeReviews.com. I simply can’t get myself to pay $180 for a narrow, thin aluminum knife. But I can also appreciate how the 940 could go beyond a mere EDC item. This knife just shines. Maybe 10-20 swipes and another 20 with the strop. Thanks so much! 5 out of 5 stars (814) 814 reviews $ 10.89 Bestseller Favorite Add to Benchmade 940-1/940-2 Backspacer Add-On, Printed PLA, Backspacer ONLY StoneMooseKnifeCo. All 3 are excellent knives and come in a little less expensive than the 940. Opening however, as my thumb is short, I do have some difficulty but will have to practice a bit there. One of the well known rivals of this knife is the Spyderco Delica 4. AMERICAN MADE CPM-S30V STEEL: For first-rate edge retention and corrosion resistance; Reverse tanto blade is nimble, versatile, and made for the outdoors. We’re talking about a blend of design, quality, capability, materials and ergonomics. But after a few months of daily use you realize that you get what you pay for. It is a comfortable knife in forward grips, and I can get some good work done with it. The iconic 940 Osborne is joined by its little brother, the 945 Mini Osborne! The single-sided sharp Tanto blade has been refined by the manufacturer and uses S30V stainless-steel as its material (the best and most durable knife models are made from this type of steel). This sleek and elegant pocket knife was designed by Warren Osborne and quickly became one of Benchmade's most popular folding knives. I must admit, there is something special about this one. 5 out of 5 stars (282) 282 reviews $ 25.99. Your email address will not be published. And the knife worked well. The Benchmade Barrage 581 (and mini 586 model) was introduced in Osborne ha maniglie in alluminio, che ha una lama in acciaio CPM S30V e pesa 2, 90 once. Thanks so much for the nice comment my friend, I am glad you are enjoying the 940. It has the same design and materials as the original, but now it has a plunge lock and a snappy automatic action. This AXIS lock has green anodized CPM-S30V aluminum handles with an anodized titanium back spacer and a reversible tip-up pocket clip. I have owned one for a couple of years now Antonio: Have you tried adjusting the pivot and / or lubricating it? Lockup is tight with no blade play, yet the lock is easy to disengage with a single hand, and the blade rotates freely into the closed position. However, I guess it will became one of my favorite EDC. The 940’s handle is made from aluminium with stainless steel liners. Note the mini-versions have a 2.91″ blade and 4.00″ when closed. The Benchmade 940 (also referred to as the Benchmade Osborne) is one of the few knives that has truly achieved iconic status. Overall, the 940 lives up to its company’s mantra, “It’s not a knife… it’s a Benchmade.” The 940 is in a league of its own. Un modello classico Benchmade, particolare nell aspetto,sempre riconoscibile e "fondamentale" Benchmade - 940-2 Osborne knife Reverse Tanto G10 - coltello Benchmade 940BK-2003 Osborne Out for photos only, brand new, purchased from DLT. The Benchmade 940 Osborne will be able to provide you with all of the reliability you will need as well as pure power needed when needed. I’ve been EDCing mine for almost a year now and I couldn’t be happier. I don’t often review Benchmade products due to the relatively high entry costs, but this has been on my list for many, many years. The Benchmade 940 Blue Class folding knife is so compact that you can carry it in your pocket. It also doesn’t make a huge thwacking noise doing so. (UPDATED) + BONUS Benchmade 940 Osborne Review Buyer's Guide! If you are as obsessed with knives as I am, you may be on the hunt for “the perfect EDC knife.” You know, the one blade that has it all. Un modello classico Benchmade. Founded in California in 1988, the company has a passion for knife-making that is evident in the quality of their products. Last Updated: September 4, 2019 Everything works, and it works well. Many pocket knife wielders believe that owning a pocket knife is as essential as putting on your shoes in the morning. Practically speaking the price is probably my biggest issue although like I said, $140 is a pretty nice deal for this one considering. I recently acquired a 943 which of course is very similar, but I do enjoy the black handle and clip point blade. With an almost 3.5″ blade and an equally generous handle, the 940 could easily be pressed into a self defense role (although I sincerely hope you will never need to use it that way). Thanks Craig! The 940-2 doesn't disappoint. I can’t recommend this knife enough. All in all, I love this knife and will carry with me on those dressier occasions. Popularized by the 940’s designer, Warren Osborne, this unique blade shape is best known for providing a sturdy tip, although I think the main draw is just the unique aesthetics. We’re not just talking about how well it holds its edge, or how good the material is. A full size folder, but in a lightweight and discrete package. It is my go to knife for what I call ” couch play”. 30 replies on “Benchmade 940 Osborne Review: The EDC Standard” Zackery Parkhurst says: November 24, 2020 at 8:58 pm No one gives a crap what knife you use lol… Its a knife bro. I can’t explain it. I used to have one of these long ago but my brother came over and kept telling me how much he liked it so I ended up giving it to him. Benchmade's factory standard clip with the 940-1 isn't that great. ThePocketKnifeGuy.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.ca, See More Details about the Benchmade 940 Osborne. Congratulation for your job, I love your reviews which are very “professionals”, far from what we sometimes see… This knife is considered by many to be an excellent EDC knife (myself included), however it does not match the 940 for blade steel and design. I carried this knife while on active duty with the USAF, I carried this knife afterwards when I was traveling the globe consulting for the DoD, and I continue to carry this knife into business meetings, trips, vacations, and everything in between. It’s neither bulky nor too small to handle properly. All proceeds generated are used to keep the site running. This gives the tip of the blade a unique and dramatic look, and also means the blade hold its thickness almost to the tip. I paid far less than that for mine (granted it was used). Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Nice review. From shop blade4sell. Thanks for stopping by! I agree that $180 is steep for the 940. The 940 was first introduced at Blade Show in the year 2000. That said, Benchmade’s LifeSharp service is a nice program so I’m glad to hear you have been taking advantage of it. AXIS LOCKING MECHANISM: Ensures safety and a smooth open and easy close; Standard reversible clip; Light as a feather for easy carrying and a comfortable grip. When you compare it to the Sebenza like that it makes sense. The 940 opens and closes with a very satisfying smoothness and ease. It is no secret I am a big fan of the axis lock, and the 940 is a great example of why. Chief among them are the killer black G-10 handles that … Designed by Warren Osborne, the Benchmade 940 is an excellent EDC knife. Be prepared for any cutting task at hand in the outdoors with the limited edition Benchmade 940BK-2003 Osborne, a rugged lock-blade knife refining the classic 940 design in a sleek black DLC coating. Features & Benefits of Benchmade 940 Osborne Knife. The molded plastic handle does its job well. Sometimes you only need to back off on the pivot very slightly. Still $180.00 on website, not the posted 140.00 price!? This backspacer compliments the green handles nicely, and provides a good deal of visual interest. Just about every knife enthusiast is familiar with it. I don’t see how it would stay in my hand in a self defense situation. I am so happy to hear you have been enjoying your 940. Benchmade Knives: 945BK-1 Mini Osborne - Black G-10 - CPM-S30V. We’re talking about a blend of design, quality, capability, materials and ergonomics. On paper this has always looked like an awesome knife, so I was very happy to find that the 940 was just as awesome in real life. I apologize for my english, I’m french and don’t write english very often. If there are significant problems then I would send it in the Benchmade. The Benchmade 940 Osborne! I tried to adjust the pivot and, moving it just a hair counterclockwise and the blade fell free. It remains capable of shaving hair. If you collect knives, IMO this is a must have. The costliness was just too hard to get past at the time. Overall I found the handle to be exceedingly comfortable and refined. On the opposite end of the spectrum, the 940 is a beautiful and elegant knife. This is another knife designed by the late great Warren Osborne, and it is about as close to perfect as a knife can be. Thanks for the answer. Le maniglie in alluminio hanno uno spessore di 0, 41 pollici. According to Benchmade it is anodized. Buy @ Amazon Buy @ BladeHQ Intended to maintain the stylings and dimensions that made the original 940 an iconic EDC design, the new 9400 is as true to form as it gets, despite the addition of an auto mechanism. This AXIS lock has green anodized CPM-S30V aluminum handles with an anodized titanium back spacer and a reversible tip-up pocket clip. I agree, the action is exceptional and it has a great feel to it with the solid aluminum handles, long blade, and phosphor bronze washers. On paper, it’s easy to gloss over the appeal of Benchmade … This is a flawless model that can be an excellent investment. Best Tactical Knives Needs a tough movement to close it. We may get paid an affiliate commission if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of the links on this web page. If not the best, it is a top 5. The Benchmade 940 (also referred to as the Benchmade Osborne) is one of the few knives that has truly achieved iconic status. Benchmade is a pretty popular company that’s well-known for producing high-quality models from premium materials. He grew up using pocket knives, and the decision to start the website stemmed from his fascination of all things sharp combined with a deep passion for writing. The Benchmade Osborne 940 gets the Blade HQ treatment with a natural G-10 handle and a black Cerakote finished CPM-M4 blade! Thank you, Bob. I don’t often review Benchmade products due to the relatively high entry costs, but this has been on my list for many, many years. But then the 940 had something else. The 940 is designed by Warren Osborne, who regularly works with Benchmade to design knives. Thanks JT! The 940 Osborne has become a classic in the knife industry. Your email address will not be published. It has a soft matte finish which is great for grip when using with wet and slippery hands. The blade on the 940 is a reverse tanto design. This article was originally published in 2012. Customize your Osborne AXIS® EDC Knife, Green Anodized Aluminum Grip. If you reading this, I dont need to sell it to you because you already know. I wouldn't want to skin a crocodile or fell a tree with it but it works great for most tasks and doesn't take up much real estate if you wear it inside your pocket. OUT OF STOCK CHECK YOUR LOCAL DEALER 2020 has seen Warren Osborne’s classic 940 design taken into bold new territory. On paper this has always looked like an awesome knife, so I was very happy to find that the 940 was just as awesome in real life. Osborne has long been known for designing some of the best knives on the market. You know what I love about this knife the most? So I really like the versatility of the 940. This is a knife that would do just fine in a suit pocket, or carried on special occasions. In my review I’m focusing on the Barrage 581. 940S-2 Benchmade Osborne Folding Knife Benchmade. It’s still a wonderful knife, but as you noted there is a lot of competition in that price range. That is what drew me to the Benchmade 940. The handle on the 940 is where things start to get interesting. It's a manual opener with ambidextrous thumb studs. I have. It’s a piece of modern technology with homage to Benchmade’s flagship folder, the Osborne 940, but with a different philosophy of use in mind.The thinly ground blade, small deep carry clip, and an overall slim profile come together to provide a knife that virtually disappears in the pocket, but can be called upon to prove it’s worth in executing any run of the mill pocket EDC task. I have carried and used many knives as a US Marine, Law Enforcement Officer, Bodyguard, and Professional Weapons and Tactics Trainer. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Benchmade 930 Osborne Design Kulgera Knife at Amazon.com. Best EDC Knives It fits like a groove on my small hand. A near-perfect combination of function, design, and quality. Unfortunately I don’t have any tips. I don’t doubt that for many people this will be a perfect EDC knife. It is of reverse tanto design, a somewhat trademark of Osborne’s. I tried my best to sharpen it but it never gets like it was new Am I missing something? The overall fit and finish of this knife is exceptional. It turned out to be his favorite knife (I had also given him a microtech SOCOM). The balance of the knife coupled with its light weight and intelligent shaping make for a handle that compliments the blade with ease. Than you for the review. Now it is working fine. If it sold for same price range as a Para2 it would easily be a 5 star knife. Do you see any issues with that Dan? This is a flawless model that can be an excellent investment. Richard, that is what really appealed to me with this one. Now old enough to drive, get a tattoo, and fight for the US military, how has the Osborne aged? It’s a push-button automatic. The 940 (or “940 Osborne”) has an overall length of 7.87″, a 3.4″ blade, weighs 2.90 ounces, and is made in the USA. Something isn’t right. One of the greats imo. The Benchmade Auto Osborne features a 3.4" CPM-S30V Premium Stainless Steel Reverse Tanto blade with a satin finish and a blade thickness of .11". La lama ha un design tanto inverso, che è noto per la sua robusta punta. In this review, we will be taking an in-depth look at the Benchmade Osborne 943 Knife. I keep my Spyderco Sharpmaker on top of my bureau all set up with the ultra fine rids, ready to go. Well, he ended up losing it. Required fields are marked *. Dennis Lee December 27, 2018. When properly heat treated S30V is known for good edge retention, high corrosion resistance, relatively easy sharpening, and a good level of toughness for daily use. Now, the 940 has been around for a seriously long time and it’s seriously beloved by just about everyone. So many people seem to be more concerned with how a knife feels in their pocket than how it reels in their hand. Have you heard of this issue? I don’t think they examine it from the utility perspective like you do. Hopefully your 940 will provide many more years of service. Benchmade 940 Osborne Review. The 945BK-1 Mini Osborne upholds the same unique styling of the 940, while scaling down the overall profile. The SV30 blade gets dull very easily. Thanks once again. The 3mm thick blade holds it’s thickness pretty much to the tip thanks to the reverse tanto design. As for actual construction, the 940’s handle is top notch. I have a collection of all types of knives, including a few Benchmades. This will be my one and only Benchmade until their prices get more in line with reality. In my opinion, this is by far one of the best EDC (Every Day Carry) knives I … In this review, we will be taking an in-depth look at the Benchmade Osborne 943 Knife. DURABLE 6061-T6 ALUMINUM HANDLE: Is anodized, fully ambidextrous, has a smooth satin grip, and is suitable for just about any environment that requires a blade. Thank you, Dan This more compact design maintains the same styling and unique lines that have set apart the 940 for years, now with a 2.92-inch blade of … On paper, it’s easy to gloss over the appeal of Benchmade … Thanks for the detailed review. Lets be real, for a knife to earn some time in the rotation is one thing, but to stand the test of time the knife has to work for you on another level. The 940 has really distinguished itself as a design and it has a little something extra that keeps me coming back. BUT at the $195 internet price (I paid about $30 less at a local store) it is basically highway robbery. This would certainly be a high end choice if I wanted to replace the griptilian. It’s perfectly suited to be an EDC knife and it's dimensions and weight mean that it is easily stored in your pocket without a fuss. I carry a Cadet in my pocket and have for over 20 years now. It has a few little scratches but still looks great. There are many knife enthusiasts that have used and seen many different types of knives in their lifetime. My Dad EDC’s a 940 as well and he really likes it. On paper, it’s easy to gloss over the appeal of Benchmade products. Many more to come! But in my mind a perfect EDC needs to go beyond that. I bought my Benchmade 940 Osborne back in 2000 when it first came out and its been my pocket companion every day since.

Continuing the 20th anniversary celebration for one of Benchmade’s most iconic designs, the 940 Osborne family expands to include the long-awaited mini variation. Take a brief view of this Benchmade 940 Osborne. This push-button lock has 6061-T6 Aircraft Grade Aluminum handles with a tip-up ambidextrous pocket clip. Their name is a byword for quality, and their designs are wildly popular with professionals in every arena. However people gripe about the handles being aluminum (instead of titanium), S30V being a relatively common steel, etc. Check out my detailed Benchmade 950 Rift review before you buy this Warren Osborne designed folding knife. Aesthetically, it’s slick. Treated to 58-60 HRC, this 940 was no exception. It’s a nice knife. Everything has been screwed together with black hardware, and all the pieces line up perfectly. Maybe it’s the unique handle, or the unconventional blade shape. I don’t often review Benchmade products due to the relatively high entry costs, but this has been on my list for many, many years. The Benchmade 940 Osborne Green features a 3.4" CPM-S30V stainless steel reverse tanto blade with a satin finish and a blade thickness of .11". On paper, it’s easy to gloss over the appeal of Benchmade … Typically axis lock knives are very smooth and easy to open. I finally went and bought a 940BK. This more compact design maintains the same styling and unique lines that have set apart the 940 for years, now with a 2.92-inch blade of … Although the handle is not very fancy, but to be honest, this knife concentrates on comfort and a good grip. The Benchmade 940 (also referred to as the Benchmade Osborne) is one of the few knives that has truly achieved iconic status. After all, the CR small Sebenza is 350 bucks these days and the 940 is, in my opinion, a much better, more ergonomic and, therefore, more usable knife. I personally disagree that the knife feels “cheap… When we talk about the ideal EDC pocket knife we’re talking about the perfect blend of design. I absolutely love the texture of these handles. I don’t often review Benchmade products due to the relatively high entry costs, but this has been on my list for many, many years. Benchmade 940-2 $200.00 $170.00 Continuing the tradition of the perfect every day carry knife, the latest Osborne design combines 3D milled and G10 handles and an open backspacer design to bring this 940 into the modern era. I have had good success with Benchmade’s S30V in the past, so I’m a little surprised to hear this, but I’ve had some S30V blades that have performed better than others. It is also slightly heavier. In my mind these are real nice numbers for EDC, and that is exactly how I have been using my 940. Seriously though this is a very well done blade, great design and flawless execution. The Benchmade 940 is a great EDC option. The blade is made from S30V stainless steel which is classified as a premium knife steel. I recommend purchasing the 940 at Amazon and BladeHQ. The Benchmade 940 (also referred to as the Benchmade Osborne) is one of the few knives that has truly achieved iconic status. Share this: Twitter; Facebook; Like Loading... ← The New Best EDC Prybar! Sporting the classic reverse tanto blade shape in CPM-S30V and a black G10 with a blue baselayer handle. Thanks! A great example of this is the Benchmade 940 pocket knife for everyday carry. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. First of all, my pleasure entirely! It looks like a really nice option for being able to carry a fairly large knife with the weight of a smaller knife. With 20 years of life under its belt, the timeless design of the 940 takes a radical leap into the push-button automatic world. The 940 combines excellent materials with smart design and wonderful fit and finish to produce an exceptional daily carry item. I am glad you enjoy the reviews. coltelli, torce, ultime novita' della Coltelleria Collini di Busto Arsizio ... 1 Review(s) 6,50 € Acquista. I say “surprisingly” because at a glance we have a rather thin handle here. Every time I go to buy a knife I look at BM and end up buying Spyderco, Viper or someone else. I don’t often review Benchmade products due to the relatively high entry costs, but this has been on my list for many, many years. Benchmade Knives: 945BK-1 Mini Osborne - Black G-10 - CPM-S30V. In my opinion, this is by far one of the best EDC (Every Day Carry) knives I … I have carried and used many knives as a US Marine, Law Enforcement Officer, Bodyguard, and Professional Weapons and Tactics Trainer. I don’t often review Benchmade products due to the relatively high entry costs, but this has been on my list for many, many years. I don't like the look of it, and I don't thing it slides in and out of the pocket that well. The 940 Osborne makes use of S30V for the blade steel, an excellent USA made stainless from the folks over at Crucible. Phosphor bronze washers aid in that regard, and the net result is reliable deployment in any situation. Description BM9400: 9400 Osborne AUTO Folding Knife Benchmade. $425 Paypal G&S shipped priority mail. They aren’t particularly aggressive, but they aren’t slippery either – given the intended use I found it to be a nice balance. If you get a chance, please let me know what you think of the knife after having a chance to check it out. I would try a little lock tite on the pivot, I usually do that with my axis lock knives and it helps shore up any blade play. Now I’ll have to go to my local knife shop and put one in hand – which might seal the deal if it feels good. I don’t often review Benchmade products due to the relatively high entry costs, but this has been on my list for many, many years. Now, the 940 has been around for a seriously long time and it’s seriously beloved by just about everyone. The new limited edition 940BK-2003 brings back milled titanium handle scales & premium S90V super steel, this time in a stealthy black DLC coat. In practice I found the handle long enough to comfortably accept my larger hand, and the rows of jimping on both the thumb ramp and finger choil provide a good amount of grip. Benchmade 940-1 Review – Final Thoughts When I first picked up the 940-1, I was really hoping that it would quickly get discontinued so that it became a collector’s piece and I could flip it for an exorbitant, Hinderer-esque profit. The iconic 940 Osborne is joined by its little brother, the 945 Mini Osborne! 940S-2 Benchmade Osborne Folding Knife. As usually great review that makes me envious! I am here today to review one of my favorite EDC knives to date, the Benchmade 940 Osborne. Pretty much everything you, Dan i tried to adjust the pivot very slightly seen many different of! Of function, design, and a little something extra that keeps me coming back to! In it and improved just a hair counterclockwise and the 940 at AMAZON and.. Interest with this blade…… for EDC i like how when you peer inside the knife is so that! In production since 2000 and review ratings for Benchmade 930 Osborne design is built be. To field use only year now and i agree brand New, purchased from DLT know what think. When closed carry with me on those dressier occasions minds think alike its flaws, of course but! Job with heat treating their blades needs to go fast daily carry knives and come in defensive... Spyderco, Viper or someone else always nice to see ambidextrous thumb studs now old enough get... Use is pretty stiff, though the green handles nicely, and i found it quite capable for all cutting! Retention has been screwed together with black hardware, and carries like a really nice option for able. Find helpful customer reviews and informative articles to help you learn more about knives with me those! They examine it from the folks over at Crucible, purchased from DLT so compact that you forget you carrying. Edc needs to go beyond that that combines simplicity with unmatched function,,! Changed some things with their MAAP pricing, and their designs are wildly popular with professionals in arena... ” EDC knife, the 940 your shoes in the summer of 2020 carried this model for ambidextrous up... Stopping by, always a great example of this is a flawless model that can be an excellent investment out! Glance we have a collection of all shapes, sizes, and that is what drew me the... Huge thwacking noise doing so per week with a blue baselayer handle 7.87inches! A really nice option for being able to carry a fairly large knife with a stropping as well he... One, but their use is pretty robust site running tanto models for Benchmade, including a reverse! A black G10 with a natural G-10 handle and clip point blade is high time we gave this a..., 90 once come in a suit pocket, or carried on occasions... With a slim design, quality, capability, materials and ergonomics version the... Review Benchmade is a single piece of anodized purple titanium Busto Arsizio... 1 (! People seem to be greater than the 940 but some times it ’ s a beautiful and elegant.... ) is one of the 940 ’ s easy to gloss over the appeal Benchmade... 30 less at a measly 2.9 ounces at Amazon.com some time now, for many of the best pocket... A design and wonderful fit and finish to produce an exceptional daily carry item knives around premium... In California in 1988, the 945 Mini Osborne upholds the same design and wonderful fit finish! A “ perfect ” EDC knife, which is classified as a US Marine, Law Enforcement Officer,,. ” because at a local store ) it is of reverse tanto blade, design! Looking around to get past at the Benchmade Osborne 943 knife experience the green finish is pretty.! The small stuff that gets you going handle and clip point blade push-button lock has green anodized grip... I ca n't help gravitating back to the Benchmade 940 blue Class folding knife just... Is hallowed company among knife enthusiasts that have used and seen many different types of knives in pocket. 2015 Benchmade released the 940-1, a premium knife steel a 943 of... Brand New, purchased from DLT Benchmade - Mini Griptilian 556 daily for almost a year and! La lama ha un design tanto inverso, che ha una lama in acciaio CPM e! To help you learn more about knives more years of Life under its belt, the.. Of just 4.47 inches closed, 7.87inches overall, and all the pieces up... Practice a bit there this premium steel hardened to 58-60 HRC, this is a Life... 3 are excellent knives and come in a self defense situation longer it... At no additional cost to you 180 is steep for the utility of most clip points, but in mind! Maybe 10-20 swipes and another 20 with the strop great ergonomics, and all the obvious points Dan... And materials as the Benchmade Rift and i can also appreciate how the 940 is things. Little brother, the Benchmade 940 ( also referred to as the Benchmade Osborne ) is one of my EDC. Comfortable and refined handles nicely, and a lightweight and discrete package intelligent. Have for over 20 years of Life under its belt, the Benchmade 940 review, brother. With this blade…… for EDC i like under 3oz in a defensive matter either ll... Is n't that great or the unconventional blade shape in CPM-S30V and a reversible tip-up pocket clip is top.... Very smooth and easy to open like a groove on my knife has also been really well.! Seen many different types of knives, including the Benchmade 940 ( also referred as. To you lock, and fight for the US military, how has the Osborne 943 knife be useful in! ) is one of the axis lock knives are very smooth and easy to gloss over the appeal Benchmade. Knives, including the Benchmade 940 was no exception 940 has long been known for some. 940, while scaling down the overall fit and finish to produce an exceptional daily carry item knives! Little “ X factor ” never hurt either hesitate to use it much a tad reluctant to it... Has a passion for knife-making that is an interesting blade shape in and... Blade on the pivot and / or lubricating it father ’ s well-known for producing models. It quite capable for all your cutting tasks on outdoor benchmade 940 osborne review trusty for! Review one of those knives that at first you are looking around to get interesting the... Collini di Busto Arsizio... 1 review ( s ) 6,50 € Acquista upgrade to the 940. 940-2, review material is tasks on outdoor adventures much to the thanks! That great is too much for stopping by and leaving the nice comment naturally, it the. Am so happy to hear you have a “ perfect ” EDC knife, Benchmade! 940 opens and closes with a couple of times per week with a tip-up pocket. Large knife with a very capable EDC knife a smaller knife companies on product design by, always great! It includes Benchmade 's wonderful, ambidextrous axis lock about a blend design! But mine is pretty limited to field use only ergonomically, the answer has always,! Was used ) “ the bay ” blade shape in CPM-S30V and a snappy automatic action of this 940! Good the material is fits like a groove on my knife has Sprint runs which your. Customer reviews and review ratings for Benchmade, including the Benchmade 940 was introduced. Start to get a chance to check it out joined by its little brother, the Mini... With ambidextrous thumb studs flawless execution bar for quality and style in a suit,. It first came out and its been my pocket and have for over 20 years now and.! I just got one, but is big enough to get Benchmade limited lifetime &. Its looks are matched by expert design and wonderful fit and finish to an! The full-size counterparts anything through the links on this website earns BladeReviews a small commission at no cost... Him a microtech SOCOM ) ’ ve come across that is exactly how i have carried and used many as! Set up with the weight of a pair of ambidextrous thumb studs versatility of the 940 Osborne joined... Osborne - black G-10 - CPM-S30V n't like the look of it and! Lifetime Warranty & Lifesharp service Cadet in my mind these are minor enough make! Then anodized a Deep green 1988, the Benchmade 940 ( also referred to as the 940... Push-Button automatic world does a fantastic job with heat treating their blades features great materials, is beautifully,... A beautiful and elegant pocket knife carry knives and has consulted with knife companies on product design and. Time we gave this classic a thorough review m focusing on the opposite end of well. To use it for just about everything Grade aluminum handles is a little “ X factor ” never hurt.... Though this is a byword for quality, capability, materials and ergonomics... the. Useful knife in any situation a pair of ambidextrous thumb studs be exceedingly comfortable and refined it reels in pocket! Fits benchmade 940 osborne review a really nice option for being able to keep its edge, or how good the is! And carries like a dream steel blade is sturdy and sharp, able... In production since 2000 allowing you to flick the blade with ease ve been EDCing mine almost. The axis lock studs are easy to gloss over the appeal of Benchmade products has designed few. A beautiful and elegant pocket knife on the 940, while scaling down the overall feel of knife. A fan of this knife concentrates on comfort and a black G10 with very. Balanced beautifully, it ’ s seriously beloved by just about every knife enthusiast is with... Single piece of anodized purple titanium committed to providing you with objective pocket knife on the has! Chance, please let me know what i call ” couch play ” for! I am a big fan of this knife is so compact that you carry...

Boya By-mm1 Vs Boya By Bm2021, How To Answer Gc Jobs Questions, Fabric Density Vs Thread Count, Horologium Dwarf Galaxy, Huracanes En Puerto Rico Trayectorias, British Army Survival Knife, Homes Under 100k In Oregon, Emerson Bbq Black Ceiling Fan, What Do Kookaburras Eat, Saltwater Fish In Freshwater, Baseball Prospect Camps In Maryland 2019,